Recently recognised within the world’s top ten holiday destinations, the Highlands provide castles, mountains, glens, wildlife, coast, sea, islands, beaches, lochs, rivers, distilleries, heather, deer – whatever it is you are looking for we have plenty of it!
Rookery Nook is an ideal base for touring the Highlands and Islands – most places can be reached on a day trip from Inverness. Si, who owns and runs Rookery Nook, is more than happy to advise on days out and local sights, just ask! You will also find lots of books and maps about the Highlands and Inverness in Rookery Nook’s living room. We hope you enjoy exploring the area.
Some of our favourite daytrips include:
- Culloden Battlefield
- Cawdor and Brodie Castles
- Castle Urquhart – especially if you approach from Loch Ness on a charter boat
- The Strathspey Whisky Trail and Speyside Whisky Festival in May each year
- The Strathspey Steam Railway
- Glenmorangie Distillery
- Isle of Skye
- Cairngorm Mountains (with the new mountain railway)
- The train journey to Kyle of Lochalsh
- Dolphin Cruises on the Moray Firth
- Glen Affric
- The Black Isle
- Nessie hunting
There is so much to see that you will not be short of things to do during your holiday in Rookery Nook.
Don’t miss out. Make your booking before we are full. Enquire now.